Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Simple Friendships 2 Quilt Along

Yesterday, author and fabric designer Kim Diehl posted her final installment of her mini-quilt-along on Instagram and Facebook. It has been a fun ride, and I am happy to show you my finished top today.


Every Monday for the past 5 weeks, we have been given instructions for a couple of blocks. It has been fun using her signature fabrics/colors as well as learning a few tips and tricks that she has shared along the way.


Last week while we sewed at Terry's, most of us Frankfort girls worked on these blocks. We decided early on that we would be a mini-group doing a mini-quilt-along for a mini-quilt. Sounds good to me!

I have a tub-full of remaining fabric, as this barely made a dent in the little Kim Diehl collection I've hoarded. I believe I will peruse her books - I have several - to see what I want to make with the rest. I may have a hard time making up my mind, as just about all her designs appeal to me.

Next up for this mini-quilt, is spray-basting and big-stitch hand quilting. I believe I can add that to the growing number of projects for my baseball-watching evenings.

To read more about the quilt-along just finished, visit either site above for directions over the past five weeks. The patterns are all in her book Simple Friendships II.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!