Saturday, June 15, 2019

Prepped for Quilting

Anticipating a few hours in the car this weekend, I prepped the little quilt just recently finished - The Simple Friendships II Mini.


I dug out a scrap piece of batting and scrounged around for a suitable backing. This backing is quite old - Thistle Creek by Sheri Strole.


 I used 505 Spray Baste to layer the parts together after pressing and stretching carefully.


I knew I wanted to do the Baptist Fan design for quilting, so I located my template and then decided to mark it with a tool that has some history. I gave this Pounce marking tool to Grandma many, many years ago. Marking quilts had become difficult for her in her later years, so I gave her the Pounce hoping it would ease the job. However, she didn't care much for how much dust it created. When she cleared out her quilting stuff, the Pounce came back to me.



And, I agree, it does create a good bit of dust, but the speed! I think I can put up with a few clouds of chalk dust in favor or a super-fast marking method.

The last picture above shows 3 strands of quilting floss - which color to quilt with? I decided on the darkest (top) color.

Happy Saturday! And happy quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. Simple Friendships is very pretty. Baptist Fans are perfect for the quilting. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!