Sunday, August 18, 2019

A Bit of Embroidery

At the Circleville Quilt Show earlier this month, I picked up two little projects to fill down time in the evenings while watching baseball. I have also tried taking them on car rides, but it is hard to do neat, even stitches in a moving vehicle, so I gave that up.



Annette at Sewing the Good Life had a basket of these small designs in her booth for $5 each. They were just so appealing - small, easy, portable, no hoop required. I should have gotten more.

The designs are printed on what appears to be tea-dyed quilt-like fabric. Cut large enough for trimming to desired size, the fabric is single-ply with texture that evokes a worn and weathered effect.

My current plan is to piece a small patchwork border around these and then then insert them into frames. They could become gifts or maybe I will put them on the wall in my sewing room. My inspiration for framing came from a picture I recently saw on Instagram. This is my main reason for loving IG as much as I do - the inspiration is unending.

As I often do, I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts and her Slow Sunday Stitching party. For anyone who hand-stitches, as Kathy says in her post "we are your tribe." The variety ranges from beading to hand-quilting to hand-piecing to embroidery - and far many more. Check it out!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

6 comments:

  1. Love your stitcheries, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Your stitching projects are so cute - the steam above the coffee cup looks real! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for being inspired by that piece on Instagram. Your embroidery pieces will look so cute framed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very cute embroideries. I like how they were mounted on instagram. I think yours would lend themselves to the same finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet embroidery designs. They will make nice gifts. I don’t sew in a car as I find it tedious. Personally, knitting or crocheting is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so adorable... perfect sized projects for a little hand stitching fix!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!