Saturday, August 10, 2019

Quilt Show Vendors

A week ago I attended the Circleville Quilt Show, shared here, and made a thorough round of both the quilts on display and the vendors present. I love checking out all the various booths; it gives me a chance to discover new shops as well as some local favorites.


I mentioned in the last post that I bought several FQs from a couple of vendors; the one I used for my UFO came from Annette at Sewing the Good Life. (Shown above at Hillsboro.) I love visiting with her and checking out her new patterns and displays. I always come away learning a lot, especially about applique, and grabbing up some choice precuts to add to my stash. I saw her at both the Hillsboro and Circleville shows.


Another vendor I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with in Circleville was Janet at The City Stitcher. She has an online shop out of Centerville, OH. That's a Dayton suburb, for anyone unfamiliar with the region. She has come to this show for years, and I even mentioned her in a post from 2016.


I am always fascinated by the variety of items for sale at Janet's booth. She makes blocks. That sounds like an ordinary thing, but that is the bulk of her display - well, it always draws my attention, at least. Check out the table of goodies in the photo, above. I see Economy blocks, Evening Star blocks, and 9-Patch blocks. Often these are separated by color with enough blocks for a whole quilt. I am sure mixing and matching options are available, too.


For the busy quilter who doesn't have the time, the skill or the inclination to cut and piece blocks, she does the hard stuff for you! Making them and selling them by the bundle is inspired, if you ask me. So all a seamstress has to do then is prepare setting squares (or not), sew the rows and create the quilt top. What a great service. To some, the piecing of blocks is so tedious and overwhelming. I can see where skipping this part would be desirable.

Janet also has other products for sale. She has lots of patterns available, shown on the wall in the photos (check the link above) and she has crocheted items.



Assorted flowers, leaves, butterflies and more in a wide range of colors - and to inspire people, she provides examples like the hat, above, for making use of these dainty creations.

If you love traditional quilts and designs, cross stitch, and crochet, and you have limited time, you need to check out her shop. It seems like she would have the exact product for you.

Hope you are having a super Saturday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!