Saturday, August 31, 2019

Goodbye August!

Wow! It is so hard to say goodbye to August. Realizing that we are, for all intents and purposes, done with summer is a difficult pill to swallow. Waaa, I'm not ready!


Generally speaking, I am not one to bemoan the end of one month or season. Typically, I am optimistic and eager for the fun of the approaching season. That said, waving goodbye to these carefree days of our waning summer brings with it some melancholy.

More structure with my daily and weekly schedule; more attention to my work with my university classes; less time for sewing, running around, piddling and wasting time - these are some of the new realities of my fall.

Hey, that's good, right!? I am blessed with these responsibilities and I do them by choice.

My day of long-arm quilting at Terry's allowed be to finish up the wedding quilt for my nephew and his bride. I am still not ready to reveal the entire quilt, but I will show you my binding. While a lot of quilters hand-stitch their bindings, I tend to do most of mine by machine. It does not seem difficult and I generally always have good results. Just preference, I suppose.


Enjoy your Saturday! We are watching our beloved Ohio State Buckeyes! (Now there's a definite benefit of fall's arrival!)

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your finish! I have started doing machine bindings also. Hopefully your quilting session with your friend will give you the confidence to quilt on your longarm soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we are 3 months away from 2020! This has been a brutal summer here in South Texas, for once I can hardly wait for October! Have a great day and enjoy the routine!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!