Sunday, August 4, 2019

Frankfort Girls' Show and Tell

Mentioned a couple posts back was our Friday morning get-together at Becky's. I have finally finished the photo-editing, so I can share the beauties coming from the talented ladies in our group.

First from Sharon O. comes this sweet little embroidered wall hanging. I have gradually been warming to the idea of doing more embroidery, so I find this quite appealing in its simplicity.


Her other show and tell was her version of our 9-patch exchange. It's just amazing how differently each of us is using and finishing our blocks. Here is a link to Jan's, to Helen's, and to mine so you can be amazed, too! *wink*  Note: for Jan's and Helen's, you will need to scroll down a bit in each link.

Sharon's is a 9-in-9 pattern, using light and medium purple for setting squares. The purple is a great choice, one that I would probably not considered, but I love it in this lap-sized quilt top. At some point down the line, I will collect my pictures of everyone's exchange quilts and post them together.

Moving on, Jan machine quilted her little Kim Diehl mini and was binding it while we visited. It makes me want to get back to finishing mine! (I'd marked it with chalk and it wore off; I lost my mojo as a result.)


And Terry had quite a few items for show and tell - one big quilt and several minis.

I can't be certain when I say this is a king size quilt, but I bet it is. The photo above shows it folded in half. Take a look at a closer view to see the tiny stars in the center of each log cabin block. Terry was binding this while we visited.


Her mini quilts are all from her Simple Whatnots sewing - she subscribed to a group sew-along and gets a new kit and pattern each month. She said she'd gotten behind in completing them, so this gets her all caught up.



Kim Diehl's colors and designs are unmistakable - it's her "look." Very appealing to my eyes. Terry's got some real beauties here (and one tried to come home with me, but I was foiled!) *wink*

So now you see why I am motivated to continue making quilts! These are so inspiring! I love how we support one another with our various projects.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!