Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sneak Peek

We friends, right?

(That's a phrase some of us girls use; borrowed from a gal I follow on IG.)

So if I show you all a picture of a quilt that is going to be gifted in a couple of weeks, you'll keep the secret, right?


I feel like I have over-blogged about the ongoing problems I have had with using my long arm machine. But I desperately need to overcome the setbacks because I have literally dozens of tops piling up around here. Plus I have a current need for a quilt NOW!! My nephew's wedding is just a couple weeks away. Desperation forced me to ask Terry to quilt it for me.

Bless her heart, she had a better suggestion. She offered to let me use her long arm and she would coach me through the process and I could learn as I go. Whooo-hoooo! Yes! I was all in on this, and we met up yesterday. Just take a little peak at my very satisfying afternoon's effort.


Now don't you go inspecting too closely because there all sorts of beginner's mistakes in this, but by gosh, it looks pretty doggone nice to these old eyes, and I think the recipients will be satisfied.

I cannot tell you how giddy I was when I was finished with this. I needed Terry to "hold my hand" through the whole process - loading through unloading. She has graciously offered to do another session with me next week, so I will get more practice. I am determined to get my own long arm up and running. It was so much fun to do this, and I know I can get better at doing them.

I will share the full quilt soon after the wedding. Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!