Thursday, August 8, 2019

Finished UFO

Happy news! I have one less UFO in my sewing room! Celebrating!!


This is Six Degrees, a UFO in storage for maybe 10 years, give or take. It has been a really fun finish, and I honestly don't know why I quit on it without a little more time and effort. I recall being dissatisfied with the sizing of the center medallion, but honestly, the bit of pull that is evident will easily be masked once quilted. 

Here's the post from about 6 weeks ago when I pulled it out for consideration. 


I was close to a finish when I discovered that I was going to be short on my background fabric by 4 - 6.5" squares. I searched the internet and asked friends - nothing. What to do? Go shopping, of course!

At the quilt show last Friday, I checked every vendor's table to see what I could find. Just one fat quarter! That's all I needed! So below, you will see the variety I bought. 


Arrow A shows my original background, and the square has been pieced so I can use it. I have two squares in the quilt made from waste-bin scraps. Arrow B indicates my substitute. I worked it out so that the subbed fabrics are on all the corners. It does not bother me one bit to substitute - our ancestors did this all the time. I certainly had no desire to stress over it. And I didn't.

What next? I am working on an Ohio State T-shirt quilt for DH. Then I have a whole bunch of quilts that I MUST quilt! That means getting myself right about that long-arm. If you have followed that saga here for awhile, you know how good I am at avoidance. *wink*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! What a great feeling to have an UFQ finished after all these years. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on finishing that UFO!! I can't wait to watch your adventures as you quilt on your longarm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautifull quilt. And I like the fabrics you bought. It is so good to finish a quilt, especially one that has been in a box for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!!! for the finish...Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!