Thursday, December 9, 2021

Checking on Those Goals

In all the years I have made a goals list, 2021 is promising to be the first in which I have made the most progress. This is a very satisfying statement to make, I tell ya!

The list is becoming quite marked up. Since I've made significant progress, I suppose that is to be expected. In previous years of minimal progress, no marking up of the list was necessary. Go figure...

Today, I want to address items 13 and 14, which are marked with special symbols above. (Keeping all the symbols straight is another thing that's never concerned me!)

Item 13, Scrappy Trip Around the World is likely not going to be done, but I did another scrappy quilt that will serve as a substitute -- Scrappy Irish Chain, which I worked on in July and August. Here is a link and a repeat picture below.

Scrappy Irish Chain was a labor-intense project, and I have to think that had I done Scrappy Trip Around the World, it would have been equally intense. I have no qualms whatsoever in swapping these two out on my goals list, and counting it as a goal achieved. 

It does mean, however, that Scrappy Trip Around the World will be in the list for 2022. Here's just one inspiration pic I'm ogling. There are gajillions on Pinterest. Click on the picture to be taken to the source.

 

Perusing Pinterest will elicit many "looks" for this quilt, and this one in particular appeals to me because it is controlled in the coloring. Rather than to throw every color of the rainbow in, I like that this one employs the calm, cool colors in the blue-green spectrum. I don't know if I am destined for a blue-green quilt, but I am going to try to be deliberate in my "look" - something I don't really do very well.

Now, move on to item 14, which is my latest flimsy finish (see yesterday's post). It still hangs on my design wall, but could very easily be quilted before the end of the year. It is small - about 42" square - and would be super-duper fast. I have plenty of my brown/pink fabric left for the binding, so I'm set. 

While I am speaking of the 2021 goals, let me just say that the two items left - 6 and 9 - are in serious jeopardy of NOT being started. Phhshaw. 

In all honesty, #6 Great Granny Squares will look a lot like the quilt above, Scrappy Trip Around the World. And, # 9 Little Orphan Scrappy just ended up being too daunting for me to think about this year. I still love it; I've bought the pattern; I will likely make another attempt in the new year.

That final item on the list - quilting 2 quilts per month - is still a work in progress, but looks like I will fall short of the goal. So far this calendar year I have done 16, and while they have mostly been smallish quilts, a few were big whoppers, so I have stretched my comfort zone, for sure.

And that is all the updating I have for you today.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!