Monday, December 20, 2021

An Early Christmas Celebration

I've been missing for a few days and given the time of year, you can probably guess that we've been doing some Christmasing. We hosted our daughters and their guys along with my mother on Saturday for a festive brunch, gift-giving, and noodle-making.

 

So, if you'll indulge me, I will deviate from quilting content to share a few pictures from our day. I was remiss in recording the day, so I'm very grateful for smartphone photo-sharing.

The daughters are skilled at being hams in front of a camera. Here they strike a happy pose while making some holiday goodies. Emma, on the left, and her big sister Erin made some chocolate and pretzel bites. They are yummy!

A big plan for the afternoon was learning to make homemade noodles from our family's noodle master - my mother, Grandma Jeannie to the girls.

On Christmas Day, I am hosting the larger extended family for a big feast. Noodles will be on the menu, so we made enough for 25 with Mom's guidance. Erin and I are watching, listening and learning as she demonstrates how to recognize when the dough is ready to be rolled out.

Emma and her BF Glen had another batch going on the other end of the island, so Mom worked back and forth with us as we attempted to master this family favorite.

I did not have a picture of the noodles spread out on waxed paper to dry, but I have a partial look at them in this picture of the kids making the pretzel treats. 

So we had a wonderful day; the food - and drinks! - were good. The gifts were thoughtfully given and gratefully received - no pics! *Waahh!* I missed a wonderful opportunity for a picture of Mom with the quilt I recently made. My intent all along was to give it to Mom, and she definitely loved it. But not a picture. Good grief.

I never want these kinds of gatherings to end, but end they must. We won't get to see Erin and Jeff on Christmas as they will go to Jeff's family. Emma and Mom will be back. That celebration is going to be my major focus for this week. Preparing for 25 (+/-) will take some effort. And that means very little sewing or quilting. 

That's all good. I am pretty much done with my making for the holidays. If I do any stitching this week, it will be the cherry on top!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!