Friday, December 31, 2021

Goodbye December and Goodbye 2021


I have taken a week off from blog posting, and I won't apologize for that. Since Christmas, it has been a week of resting, planning, and puttering. We've stayed up late; slept in; worked a puzzle; watched old movies; and spent a day antiquing.

I did feel compelled, however, to post one last time in 2021 - share my monthly round-up - wish everyone a happy new year - share some ideas for '22 - so here we go.


Top Row: December began with my hosting the Frienzies for a Christmas Brunch. Not all were able to attend, but those who did had a good time visiting, making candles, eating, and playing games. DH and I attended Immersive Van Gogh in Columbus. The quote says "There is nothing more truly satisfying that to love people." The exhibit was wonderful, and we hope similar shows come to Columbus soon. The final picture in the top row is my one finished flimsy of the month, Lunch Box Social. It was on my goals list for the year, so I am glad to report that finish.

Middle Row: We celebrated Christmas a week early with two of our three children. The girls came with their guys for brunch and a day of fun. Besides eating and gifting, my mom helped us make homemade noodles, and then the daughters made some candy treats using pretzels, Hershey Kisses and M&Ms.The center picture is a festive star block that I turned into a pillow. The daughters finish out the row; this picture was taken at the aforementioned Christmas.

Bottom Row: Making pillows was a theme for the month. This red and white checked pillow is made with red fabric found in my grandmother's quilting stash, and I gifted the pillow to dear friend and quilting pal, Sharon. The last picture shows the other star pillow, along with one I made years ago. In the middle of the bottom row is the 1000-piece puzzle I worked to completion in 2 days. I don't do puzzles often because when one is out, I do little else. 

Planning for 2022 has been paramount on my mind for several days. I definitely hope to do more on the long arm machine. That would be huge to get a big bunch of quilt tops turned into quilts this year. Another definite is to work on a few UFOs that I've accumulated around here. I have several I am determined to finish. Details in coming days. 

Have a safe New Year's Eve! We are off to celebrate with friends for the evening. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Jayne. I look forward to following your projects through 2022.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!