Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Quilts In The Kitchen

Most every seamstress or quilter has a plethora of holiday pretties to sprinkle around the house, right? I have drawers and tubs and stacks of all manner of holiday items - pillows, table runners, coasters, quilts, throws, wall hangings, candle mats, and more.

Our kitchen island, above, which was the work center for the massive noodle making and candy production described in yesterday's post, normally looks like this, below.

 

And that table runner is one of the easiest, fastest you could ever make. Here's a link, if you want to give it a try. I made this one 3 or 4 years ago after seeing my quilting buddy Sheryll make about 20 of them for her sisters and sisters-in-law. As long as you have two complimenting fabrics, you can make this runner.

Of course, any holiday theme or event will work - I think one of red, white and blue would look fantastic on the picnic table this summer. And think of one for Easter or fall or birthday or well, you get the idea. A quick search of "15-minute table runner" on Pinterest will elicit numerous additional tutorials.

I'll probably be doing lots of brief little posts this week as I prep for the big day! Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!