Sunday, December 12, 2021

Hosting the Frankfort Girls

On Friday morning, I played hostess to my sweet friends in our quilting group fondly referred to as The Frankfort Girls. I've explained in previous posts that over the years we have evolved from the point at which all the ladies were from Frankfort, but the name has stuck. The Frankfort-Kingston-Williamsport Girls just doesn't roll quite so easily off the tongue! 

One of our group was out of town, so six of us sat around the kitchen table, ostensibly to stitch. Truth be told, very few of us stitched this time around. I did a bit of hand quilting, and maybe one or two others stitched a bit - most of the morning was spent simply visiting and catching up with one another. 

Terry had a fantastic show and tell for us - and seasonally perfect, too. She'd spent a good bit of time embroidering these nutcrackers. At some point she sewed this top together and had a friend in her guild do some custom quilting on it. It looks so good! I recommend clicking on each picture to zoom in on the details. Such beautiful work!


I am eager to see where Terry displays this in her home. She always does such a good job with decorating, so I know she has a place all planned out for it.

The only other show and tell was mine, and it was on the table at which we gathered. The quilt made out of two partial French General jelly rolls served as my table cloth. I talked about quilting it here.

This picture shows off the diagonal chains quite nicely. When I was making it, my one true goal was to figure out a way to have red chains going one direction and light chains going the other. It appears that mostly my goal was achieved, doesn't it? This is a pattern I sorta' just made up, so it feels pretty good to have it work out successfully.

The last time we Frankfort Girls were together, we traded our Ohio Star blocks, and gifted Sharon O. the surprise quilt we made for her. That gifting part has already been shared, but I have yet to show you my glorious collection of blocks! I will share them in my next post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!