Sunday, December 5, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

With some measure of embarrassment, I share the project I've worked on the past few days. Many of you long-time followers will have been assuming that it was finished, as my last post (in 2018) about this little project indicated that I was super-close. Inevitable!

No, not inevitable. The smallest of stumbling blocks is sometimes all it takes for me to just stop. The stumbling block facing me with this was losing track of my quilt markings. The plan for large-stitched Baptist fans became a "suggestion" of fans the further I quilted toward the borders. 

This week, I decided that regardless of how messy my fans looked in this table topper, done is better perfect. So, I've free-handed some semblance of quilting lines around the entire border of this quilt. I remind myself that perfection is not the goal. Finished is the goal. 

Still recovering from the week-long sinus infection I've had, this type of stitching is all I've managed this week. So many near-finishes await me, but this one will have to do until my head clears up.

I'm linking up with Kathy and her Slow Sunday Stitchers.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




4 comments:

  1. Definitely too pretty to languish, says me who is sharing a 2018 project today too. And your quilt lines look wonderful to me too. Happy Finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely table topper. I think your quilting looks great and those fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you, I'm a finished is better than perfect stit her myself. Do hope you feel better soon, I've has sinus problems some years ago, not recently thank goodness, and it was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these fabrics! What an elegant little table topper they make! Carol in Texas

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!