Friday, December 24, 2021

Gifting Another Pillow

I mentioned in earlier posts that some secret sewing was ongoing around here, and now I can share one more of those secrets with you. Yes, another pillow, and yes, I do like this method of using a flap to cover the zipper on the back. It is a really smooth process and results in a very attractive finish.


This is the second pillow of the same pattern. I made the blocks over a month ago just on a whim. Then I finished one for myself. The other block remained pinned up on the design wall waiting for me to come up with an idea for a finish. 

This one got a simpler treatment than the first with that small green border. Why make it hard? The block is the pretty part; borders need simply to enhance the block. So here it is.


The back was made using the checked fabric; the red dot was the flap. I used my last green zipper.

This pillow was gifted yesterday to my quilting friend Sharon O. of the Frankfort Girls. We had our Christmas breakfast and gift exchange yesterday. What a wonderful morning. Those girls are so very special.


Christmas Eve! Are you ready for the magical day?!? I have been prepping here today, and will be up early in the morning to get the turkey on by 6am! At 1pm, this house will be overflowing with around 20-25 family members for Christmas Dinner, potluck style. As hostess, I am providing turkey, noodles (see this post), mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce and blackberry cobbler. This house will smell heavenly, won't it?


 

Happy Christmas Eve!



1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!