Monday, December 13, 2021

Ohio Star Block Exchange

You've read here on many occasions about the incredible enjoyment I take in the group activities of the Frankfort Girls. In addition to our every other week meeting for coffee and stitching around the kitchen table, we often have additional sewing days, take occasional shopping trips and do fun block exchanges and sew-alongs.

We just completed a block exchange, perhaps our most ambitious one to date. We started with 9-patches, then advanced to Churn Dashes, and this time we did Ohio Stars. We try to keep the rules of the exchanges as simple as possible, naturally, and this time we had 3 basic guidelines: 1) dark background, neutral star; 2) 9-inch block; 3) generally reproduction-oriented fabrics.

I took my stack of blocks and spread them out on my cutting table to photograph the variety. They will make a gorgeous quilt, don't you think?

 

You may recall the post from a few weeks ago in which I detailed our gifting one finished Ohio Star quilt to Frankfort Girl Sharon. You can click back here. You'll also see her quilt. I plan to finish mine very similarly to hers. I think most of us are following suit. It's just so darn pretty in its straightforward simplicity.

I doubt I get to this before Christmas, and perhaps not even before the new year. If that's the case, you can be sure it will appear on the goals list for 2022.

Have a wonderful Monday! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!