Thursday, October 27, 2022

Reveal: Autumn Green

About a week ago, I thought I was finished with this snowball/9-patch quilt. In this post, I mention that I had a finish when it was 7 rows by 9 rows.

At the end of that post, though, I mention that since there were extra blocks I could see myself going ahead with making enough more to end up with a quilt that would be 8 rows by 10 rows. And I did that last week when Sharon was here to sew with me.

Once I got to that point, I still had some yardage remaining. Why stop? I definitely have no need to accumulate more scraps, so I cut enough pieces to make blocks for another row wide and another row long - 9x11, this time. Below, take a look this reveal: Autumn Green.

 

Yes,  I am definitely finished, as there is not enough fabric to add more rows. What little bit of fabric  remains will be cut into 2.5-inch strips or squares and go into the appropriate scrap tubs.

At 9 rows x11 rows, it measures 54" x 66" - a fine size for quilt.


At this point, I have no plans for quilting it because I don't have a fabric selected for backing. That could be solved rather quickly, I presume, by shopping the stash. I just have not take that next step yet.

Now, it is a finished flimsy and I am gearing up for some long-arming action. I have one loaded. It will have a flannel backing - I've not done a flannel on this long arm, so wish me luck!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely quilt, a good size to snuggle underneath. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!