Saturday, October 8, 2022

Traveling Again

The husband and I are off again on a quickie trip to see fall color. For all of the 40+ years that I taught, I had the "someday" dream of traveling to New England in the fall. We tried to make that happen last year, but we went at the end of September and were too early for optimum leaf color.

We decided to try again this fall. I am very hopeful that we will be rewarded for our persistence. We've been on the road for 2 days already, and we have been agog at the sights we've seen.

Good color in Ohio as we left; the photo above was taken in Holmes County.

Better color in Pennsylvania entering the Allegheny Mountains. We endured quite a cloudy day which sure made my photos dull. In person, these colors were spectacular.


Today we have been in New York mostly in the Finger Lakes region. Lots more sunshine, and since we always take the slow roads, we see gorgeous farmland, quaint little towns, and all manner of local color.

A surprise along our road less traveled was this waterfall, the Taughannock Falls near Cayuga Lake. What a sight! I love just happening up on places like this; the element of surprise and wonder appeals to us.

The photos offered here seem to feature yellow leaf color. Let me assure you that we have seen some stunning reds and oranges, too. As we drive into and through the Adirondacks tomorrow, I sure hope we have opportunities to make stops for pictures featuring a wide variety of fall color.

And I hope the sun is shining!

This morning I was able to visit a quilt shop and this afternoon, we drove past a winery with some sort of celebration going on, including a quilt show! This is just another fun example of accidentally happening upon something fun and stopping to see what it's all about. I will write about both in a future post when I have the time and focus necessary to devote to it.

Hope you are finding something fun to do this fall! I highly recommend a trip to New England! And do take that road less traveled if you can; it really does make all the difference.

I hope that well-loved Frost poem is readable. I grabbed the image from a google search; if it looks too bad, I will try re-running it in the next day or two.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 





1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your driving vacation, the leaves look beautiful! Northern Indiana is just coming into our color now.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!