Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last Frankfort Girls Gathering of '23

All the gals came together on Friday for one last meet-up of 2023, and we were here at my house. How nice to host one last time this year. Each time we are together, I am impressed more and more by the closeness we share and the genuine love we have for one another. This group is special, and I am so fortunate to count them as friends.

Supposedly, we get together every other Friday morning to sit around the dining table, stitching away on some hand project and enjoying fellowship and light refreshment. Do you see any handwork going on in this picture? I don't think any of us took a single stitch. We did have an extra helping of fellowship and refreshment, perhaps. *wink* 

It was a wonderful morning. We talked about so many various subjects - quilting-related and otherwise. We solve many issues over our coffee and sticky buns! *wink-wink*

Here are three quilts for show and tell. The first is made by Sheryll who offered the quilt top to anyone in the group who wanted it. She said it wasn't her style, and she just didn't feel the need to go about finishing it. I believe Helen grabbed it up. 

Sheryll made the quilt along with her guild's block of the month project awhile back -years or months, I don't recall. I love it in all its brown and pink glory, but I resisted the urge to claim it as I have enough on my plate without taking on one more quilt. And, I thought, wouldn't it be nice to make it myself? I have a nice supply of brown and pink fabrics in my stash - I enjoy making quilts, so I could see this becoming a possible goal at some point in the future.

Another quilt by Sheryll is this panel quilt of a primitive Santa and various primitive scenes and motifs. This very much exemplifies Sheryll's style - plus, she loves and collects Santas!

The final quilt shared was by Becky, who followed along with an InstaGram account who conducted a little a sew-along. A quilter named Taryn with the handle @reproquiltlover imitated an antique doll quilt she'd come across, and offered to assist followers to make one of their own. Called the Scrappy Stars Stitchalong, she'd post direction and suggestions for blocks; it was fun watching participants share their interpretations. If I'd not been so busy with holiday obligations I would have possibly joined it. (Remember the last post in which I vowed I'd do more sew-alongs!) The instructions will always be there, so perhaps one day...

So, that was our last gathering of 2023, and this is my final post for 2023. We had a small celebration earlier this evening, but hubby and I are enjoying a quiet evening now as we await the midnight hour. 

Farewell, 2023! It's been a fun ride! I have high hopes for a grand New Year!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!