Monday, December 4, 2023

November Wrap-Up

So far, just 4 days in, I am doing this month all higgledy-piggledy! I didn't even bother welcoming December nor did I wrap up last month with my highlights collage.

Oh, what the hustle-bustle of the holidays does to me - this year, anyway. (Maybe I'm this way every year, though!)

I explained in yesterday's post that the productivity coming out of the quilting room has been minimal at best. November's collage of highlights might explain why. I spent way more time with Cate and family and friends! Not a bad trade-off, if you ask me!

I normally describe my collage by referring to top, middle, and bottom rows. This time, however, I may as just explain by number. Photos 1, 3, 5, 6, and 8 are all of Cate, who is without a doubt the delight of all delights. From just standing there looking sweet, to sporting her first real winter coat and mittens, to napping on Grandma (me), to getting a bottle with Great Grandma (my mom), or to tearful introduction to Santa, she is absolutely the apple of our eye. We can't get enough of her.

In picture 4, the Frienzies met and made Scandinavian Stars. In picture 7, my family joined us here at our house for a Thanksgiving Feast - all 31 of us!

The only sewing is shown in picture 2 - I did minimal work on Lake Effect. That goal of completing the entire top in '23 is bearing down on me! The last picture shows off my folded (no sewing) Scandinavian Stars.

Pretty poor sewing output, but lots of fun otherwise!

Notably missing from the collage: long arm finishes. Nope. I have managed to go all month with nothing to show for myself. Dang.

Oh well. It's a new month; perhaps I can squeeze in some sewing and quilting.

Happy Quilitng, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!