Saturday, December 16, 2023

More Stars

Back in August I found the instructions for making Scandinavian Stars, and I've been making them off and on ever since. I seem to go in spurts; like when I need some, I make several then will go for a week or two and not make any.

I've written this previous post about previous star-making efforts - with friends involved. It's great for a small-group activity, and if one goes prepared with fabrics already cut and pressed, then the rest doesn't consume tons of time, and the folding is pretty straightforward.

All that intro to say that I have made more stars - this time with a specific purpose in mind. I wanted to use them instead of traditional bows and/or ribbons on the gifts for our Frankfort Girls' gift exchange. 

I had a gift exchange with the Frankfort Girls yesterday morning, and on Monday, I thought maybe I ought to embellish each package with a red and white star. These girls were my guinea pigs back at quilt retreat. I sprang this activity on them after supper one evening. As beginners, making them was quite the challenge! We eventually figured it out.

The red and white along with silver and white really do look festive, and I am so glad I thought to do this with enough time in which to make them. The most time-consuming part is selecting the fabric, cutting to the correct size, and starching and pressing. Once the strips are made, you can pick up a set of 4 and construct a star in pretty quick order.

Here are my gifts all decked out in their starry goodness. One package has two stars. Wanna know why? I needed a way to keep one gift different from the others. This gift goes to Sheryll whose name I drew in the exchange. All the other gifts contain the same items, so name tags were unnecessary.

Have you begun gifting yet? This is the first event for me. I hope you are keeping Christmas in your heart and crafting in your hands this holiday season!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!