Monday, December 18, 2023

Fun Little Quilts

The Frankfort Girls had our Christmas brunch and gift exchange on Friday morning. I always look forward to this event for the extra special fellowship that the Christmas Spirit brings. We have a wonderful meal at a local woman's house - the most darling little cabin decorated perfectly with primitives and family treasures. 

Afterwards, we headed over to Terry's house for gifting and relaxing. While our usual every-other-Friday gathering is set at 9-noon, we always gladly allow this special event go long. It is almost as if none of us want the love and fellowship to end. 

You saw the gifts I took when I shared my red and white Scandinavian Stars. Inside, everyone got a holiday kitchen towel, an ornament, a small candle and a tasty homemade treat. I drew Sheryll's name in the gift exchange (and interestingly, she had my name, too!). Sheryll is a master of wool applique who loves red, so I gifted her a bundle of red wool from Sue Spargo's store that I visited in July. I don't have a picture of Sheryll's bundle, but below are a few shots of the shop; there are wool bundles scattered throughout these pictures.


Now to the fun little quilts referenced in my title today. I wrote a few weeks ago about the little quilts at Becky's house. Who knew that she was making one for each of us?! Oh my goodness, the time and detail she put into these! They are just as darling as can be.


Becky tried to create a little quilt specifically suited each of us, and she was so very spot on with her fabric choices and designs. What a labor of love, and we all are so very lucky to have a Becky creation!

Now, I will close by sharing more fun little quilts - the beautiful handwork of Sheryll, who as I mentioned had my name in the gift exchange. And recall that I gifted her wool for her wool applique. Just feast your eyes on these lovelies!

Two sweet table runners or wall hangings. At least, that's how I will probably use the one that says 'welcome.' Below are a couple close ups of the detail. What masterful workmanship!


Yes, I get to sew with some very talented gals, and they truly do inspire me to stretch my sewing and quilting horizons. I've learned so much from them.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful little quilts and banners. She must have been working on them all year! Have a Merry Christmas :o)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!