Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Checking My List

Santa has taken care of his list, so now I will check and double-check my list - that one I make each January with goals for the year.

 

I found this cute cartoon on several Instagram and Facebook accounts. I thought it would be apropos here for this post, since I do have several goals that are NOT going to be met.

Overall, in 2023, I have made fewer quilts and quilted fewer quilts. It disappoints me that my numbers are down, but when I examine the reasons why, I can't say that I have any regrets. Two factors played into my shift in focus: a granddaughter and a winter house. My attention has been happily diverted to two very exciting alternate interests. 

Below are my '23 goals which I posted on January 6. Each item is more fully explained by clicking back.

My long arm goals were good in that there was a push to do them all, but mostly I just worked on achieving the first one. I did quilt most of the new quilts made, but not all. I consider this progress, and I still have lots of room for growth on the long arm machine.

Alpine was both pieced and quilted this year!

I finished 5 of the quilting goals - 2, 3, 5, 6, 7. Number 11 covers 7 more quilts, all shown here (if it's updated; I'm behind on doing that). Many of the "numerous quilts" consist of baby quilts, which are super fast, but still they count, right?

Existing stash - a jelly roll quilt.

Perhaps most disappointing is that I did not get Lake Effect to the completed flimsy stage. I am so close, too. I am taking it with me to Florida; hopefully I will be reporting progress from the sunny south.

Lake Effect - it's getting there!

 For yet another year, I am hoping to come up with a quilt for using the Winnemucca fabrics. I just want to make a good choice, so I am dithering over that. I also seem to be really conflicted about finishing those Blockheads projects. Oh my. Please, stop me if I ever say I'm doing another quilt-along!

I am definitely in the planning stages for my 2024 Goals. I hope to have them ready in early January.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you did pretty well with finishing up some of your projects and staying true to #1 Longarm goal. I didn't finish as much this year as I usually do either. I think I'm slowing down physically and I don't quilt as long at any sitting. Your Lake Effect quilt looks so great. You'll get it finished soon. I have a stack of the Riverbanks line and like your with your Winnemucca fabric, I haven't come up with the perfect project for it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!