Wednesday, December 13, 2023

New Shams!

Gosh, the sewing and quilting projects have really been few and far between around here lately! I have done some secret sewing, however, so there's that. But I can't be broadcasting that here on the blog. Gotta' have some Christmas secrets, don'tcha know!

You many not see anything too different here, but I have at last made the pillow shams to more pleasingly complement this fall quilt. Here's a pic with the previous shams.

The previous ones are my springtime shams - light, white and baby blue, airy florals - nothing at all related to the deep, rich tones in my fall quilt and pillow.

Oh, yes, these are much better suited to the fall-like color scheme in the quilt. It has taken me most of the last month or more to free up the time for making these. It has been an actual whirlwind of activities around here, it seems.

The fabrics in the new shams are from my fabric stash. Neither one had been earmarked for any particular project, so pillow shams won the day. I suppose there may have been an earmarked project at one point, but I've long forgotten about it, so this works out perfectly. 

In other news, we painted this room 'cider toddy' about 20 years ago. I think I am ready for a change. The new year will find me putting "paint the bedroom" on the honey-do list. I desire something a little more toned down.

And now that I have my fall shams made, the first day of winter will soon be here as well as Christmas, so I really ought to take these off and put my Christmas quilts and pillows on! Hah! Nothing like timeliness around here! *grin*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!