Friday, December 22, 2023

Christmas-Time Sewing

This time of year is so packed with shopping, decorating, cooking and baking, family gatherings and all other manner of Christmas preparations. It is no wonder, then, that Sharon and I have had precious few days we could get together for sewing. We did manage one last session before Christmas - this past Wednesday.

Sharon put the finishing touches on these gifts for a Pioneer Woman fan. These fabrics are from the Ree Drummond/Pioneer Woman line at Wal Mart, and Sharon has made two place mats and a small table topper.

They are as simple as can be, but so exquisitely pretty! I just know her friend is going to love them!

While Sharon made these table accessories, I made two more Scandinavian Stars (pink, this time!) and then I proceeded to make 9 churn dash blocks. I have saved a picture of a little quilt I've wanted to make for years, so I just decided that I should go for it. Make the blocks!

I cut out all 9 blocks, but just made this first one. It measures 4.5 inches and will be set on point with red setting blocks. I hope to find a few pockets of time in the coming days to finish it.

Happy first day of winter! Are you ready for these long dark nights ahead? Here's a thought for us to ponder.

"May you find peace in the promise of the solstice night, that each day going forward will be blessed with more light." ~unknown

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!