Friday, April 29, 2016

Baby Quilt Commission

Several months ago, I was asked by a young friend and second-time mom-to-be to make a baby quilt for the little girl she was expecting this summer. She told me the colors in the nursery will be peach and gray. Here is a bit of what I have come up with.

I wrote about prepping the design before retreat and actually bought the fabric while at the retreat; then got super-busy with school responsibilities and finishing other projects that this had to wait its turn. On Tuesday when Terry had us all over for a sewing day, I spent a couple of hours cutting and stitching this. I'm ready for borders, which I hope to do this weekend.

I've become particularly enamored with this specialty print with the baby sayings on it. All I could find was a fat quarter, so I've used it all here in the top, and am thrilled with how well it suits the color requirements.

I spent yesterday finishing the grading for Spring Semester. Then I had to dive into my book for our book club - the meeting is today at 11:45am. I have about a hundred pages to go. The book is The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman. I had a hard time getting into it, but where I left off late last night (2am!!), it was getting really good, so I think I can devour those final 100 pages easily enough.

 

Busy day ahead! Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. How I love peach! I think your quilt looks beautiful and I love the "welcome baby" grey you've used. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!