Thursday, April 7, 2016

Commission Prep Work

Commissions are coming in rather in bunches lately. While I am eager to start these quilts, I really feel more comfortable working from a plan or picture. Here is the way I make this happen.


Drawing out a rough design gives me a better sense of what I'm doing. I find that just "winging it" generally is not the best plan for me to follow. Or lack of plan, maybe? *grin*

So the sketches above took me about 2 hours each to finish. Many mistakes made their way to the waste bin, but I now have pretty reliable plans for all three.

The gray, white and peach quilt will be a baby quilt for a momma-to-be who is expecting a little girl in July. 

In the middle is Tardis. You Dr. Who fans will recognize it, I'm sure. Since I don't watch the show, I can only go by the pictures I find in online searches. This one was a bugger to figure out, and I hope I've got it set to be lap-throw size.

The one on the bottom is destined to be a king-size quilt in black, beige, gray and tan with a modern feel to it. I need to use more dark colors in the actual quilt, but it should be a straightforward construction.

Ah, the creative process. Now to get busy on the creating process!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, And I thought *I* was busy.

    Good luck with your commissions, hope they do not take too much time away from your personal quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 3 quilts are going to look great.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!