Friday, April 1, 2016

Stash Enhancement

It has been a very long time since I've typed those words!! Yes, I bought some fabric last week; in a week fraught with several distressing events, I did have some high points. While quilting with the Frankfort girls last Friday morning, we learned from Terry that the lovely folks at Old Town Fabrics had pulled some French General fabrics and moved them to the sale table. Who could resist? A sale! French General! After quilting, Jan and I went shopping.

The top two pieces are border prints; I bought only a half yard of each and plan to use these in some future POTC creations. The bottom two pieces are 3-yard cuts and I envision using these as "neutrals" in some future quilt. I have a good-size tub of French General remnants, so this might help give order to whatever quilt will come of said remnants.

It's April Fool's Day! Will you be tricked? Knowing me, I probably will be. I will be on my guard, however.

I did finish my book. Very good mystery. I had a couple of plot points worked out ahead of time, but there were still surprises which I'd not anticipated. We have our book club meeting in Columbus later this morning, so I must be off!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stash enhancement, I am sure I could use both those 3 year pieces n my stash!
    I cannot remember the last time I bought fabric (shock, horror), it's not like I need any more and I really would love to use up a good proportion of it before I go shopping again :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, and probably made even more so by the fact they were in the sale.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!