Sunday, June 10, 2012

5-Pointed Star UFO

Back around the turn of the century to Y2K, I was working on a really pretty star quilt - all pieced by hand! I toted along a baggie of pieces to many, many cross country and track meets during the years our son was a high school runner. It was lots of fun to work on. I enjoyed matching up a center fabric with radiating points. Here is a close up of a few of the blocks.


Aren't they pretty? I really, really need to get this top finished. I know why I stopped, though. Besides the fact that DS graduated, and I didn't have as many meets to go to, I found myself in a quandary as to how to finish the edges.


Look at how much I've done! I think I was deciding whether or not to make half-blocks for the edges, or to cut off the blocks I've currently got. I am still uncertain which way to go.

It's one of many UFOs I hope to tackle in the 2nd half of 2012.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!