Monday, June 18, 2012

Starting a New Quilt

I have spent the better part of this early afternoon pondering the quilt I want to make with these fabrics, which I shared last week while on vacation.  All told, I suppose this quilt has been in the "idea phase" for nearly 2 years.


I have removed the 2 fabrics on the far right. Besides the fact that I think they look good together and would make a great 2-fabric quilt, I think the gray-toned background in the floral print does not particularly harmonize with the beige-toned background of the first floral print.



Here are the 4 fabrics I am going to use, plus I found the (poorly lit) picture I took of the quilt I saw on display. (I know, quilts are displayed in stores so that you will buy their patterns, but don't you think this is just too easy? No pattern is necessary!)

So, let's identify these fabrics - all from my stash. The large floral is Victorian Roses by Fabri-Quilt. The blue paisley is Wicasset by Minick and Simpson for Moda. The small blue print is only identified as Baum Textiles. And the mottled neutral has no identification whatsoever. I do not remember buying any of these fabrics, so I can't really even try to estimate how long I've had them.

I can tell you where I took the photograph, and when. I was on a Shop Hop in Ohio's Amish Country a year and a half ago, when this quilt caught my eye. I believe it was the final shop on our journey, too.

I've cut out strips for making the 4-patch  units. I will try to get a bunch of those made up before dinner. Since I don't have a pattern, I will have to guess at how many of everything I will need.


I am starting with 5 strip sets. We'll see how many units that yields. Hoping to show you my progress tomorrow!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!