Saturday, June 2, 2012

June Lone Star Quilt Along, part 2

This just goes to show you that if you take 20.5 years to finish something, it CAN be done. With unpressed lumps and wrinkles, let me present my Bursting Star:

The evening (6pm) sun is shining in the window, washing out all color there on the right, but the rest shows up well enough. Yes, I know you are all looking at those lumps, wondering why I didn't take the time to press it and get it laid out nice and flat. Well, I will get to it! I was so worried that I wouldn't get THIS far today, and I'd made that my goal. So here she is, in all her unpressed glory.

Maybe I will save the gussied-up version for our July get-together.

Thanks to you gals who played along with us today. Thanks, especially, to Elizabeth for having a Tea Party for us, and making the day extra special. Look for Sue to host the festivities next month. I will show a more presentable version of my top, and hopefully will be reporting that it has been delivered to the quilter! Wouldn't that be grand??!! Oh excitement!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cheering from the sidelines! Congratulations.

Jennifer said...

I have been watching this come together through your post. It turned out beautiful!

QuiltSue said...

It looks wonderful. What colour are the borders going to be?