Saturday, June 2, 2012

June Lone Star Quilt Along, part 2

This just goes to show you that if you take 20.5 years to finish something, it CAN be done. With unpressed lumps and wrinkles, let me present my Bursting Star:

The evening (6pm) sun is shining in the window, washing out all color there on the right, but the rest shows up well enough. Yes, I know you are all looking at those lumps, wondering why I didn't take the time to press it and get it laid out nice and flat. Well, I will get to it! I was so worried that I wouldn't get THIS far today, and I'd made that my goal. So here she is, in all her unpressed glory.

Maybe I will save the gussied-up version for our July get-together.

Thanks to you gals who played along with us today. Thanks, especially, to Elizabeth for having a Tea Party for us, and making the day extra special. Look for Sue to host the festivities next month. I will show a more presentable version of my top, and hopefully will be reporting that it has been delivered to the quilter! Wouldn't that be grand??!! Oh excitement!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Cheering from the sidelines! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching this come together through your post. It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful. What colour are the borders going to be?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!