Thursday, June 8, 2017

Back to Swoon

In March I worked rather diligently on making 6 Swoon blocks, and had just 3 more to make to finish the quilt top. Well, stuff happened, other projects took center stage, and Swoon was pushed aside.

On Tuesday, I spent the day sewing with friends at Terry's house, and I took the parts for the 3 remaining blocks - perhaps just one day of chain-piecing and focus would see these three blocks finished off.


I was thinking I could do more than was practical, I guess. It had been so long since I'd worked on Swoon, that I couldn't remember the exact directions for sewing. Then I had the parts for all three blocks, and I couldn't recall which fabrics I'd planned for each one. So I spent a lot of time studying instead of sewing.

I did get the center star of the first block made and the parts for the outer ring were made by the time I went home that evening, I put the finishing touches on just the one block.


I am still loving the decision to use blue Kaffe Fassett/Westminster fabrics on white. I hope that just a day or two more will result in the blocks completed. Then I will think on how the top will come together.

I've linked up with the birthday girl over at My Quilt Infatuation for her Needle and Thread Thursday.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. I've never seen the Swoon blocks before, but I immediately am swooning over this block.. the fabrics are,perfect and complex yet centered. I must see more of them. I'm a Kaffe Fassett fan also. Good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!