Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Block Swap Update

The sewing day at Terry's yesterday amounted to a whole lot of cutting for most of us. We had been told by our ultra-organizer Jan to bring our block swap fabrics, and she would have kits prepared for us that would keep the process as uncomplicated as possible. You first read about our block swap just last Thursday, but here's a repeat of the fabrics I will be using for my version.


I got everyone's fabrics cut except for my own. I can whip them out here anytime. Below is my little cutting station at Terry's with what looks like the fabrics for Sheryll's version. And do you see the size of those pieces!?! Gracious! I did a lot of cutting at 1" - tiny! But for blocks that will finish at 4" x 5", this is to be expected. 


I remember making the conscious decision to select stars for the two blocks I would make. I also tried to select two patterns that looked relatively simple to construct. I think I will be happy with these, even though they are rather similar. 

Today it's back to the quilting of the t-shirt quilt. I sure hope I will be bringing you a finish on it soon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!