Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Swoon Blocks Complete!

Swoon parts were all over the place, and even though I had another project that really needed to be my focus, I couldn't really get anything else done until I sewed the Swoons together. So I did.

I only had two blocks to make, but I was delayed because I found myself short of one fabric. Grrr, I hate when that happens. I was unprepared for making a decision about substituting, but I eventually got my wits about me and took care of business.

This is the 8th block, and it is the one with the fabric shortage. The pointy bursts that pop out of the center are all supposed to be that blue bead fabric, but 4 of the points are dahlia petals. I figure it's no big deal. In the whole scheme of things, I don't think it is all that noticeable.

This is block 9 and it is all uniform - nice to finish with relative ease. I have taken the 9 individual block pictures and made a collage of them; this creates somewhat of a simulation of the quilt. I don't know if this is the way I will eventually place the blocks, but for a general idea, I figured this would suffice.

The blocks are now stacked on the back shelf for awhile. I will eventually get them sewn into a quilt top. For now, I have a commission t-shirt quilt that I need to get cracking on, and suddenly I am motivated to do it! More on that tomorrow!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!