Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Larkspur Stars Reveal

I finished sewing the rows together Sunday afternoon, but did not get around to pressing it until yesterday, so today is reveal day. And I really ought to wait until I add borders, but what fun is that? I have a plan for borders but the weather has been so inviting that I just haven't had any desire to stay indoors to sew.

Here's Larkspur Stars without her borders. Just as pretty as can be, in my opinion. I tried to be random with the stars and orderly with the setting blocks.




Because I had lots of yellow and coral, and very little blue/green and red, I did one little cheat. Every fabric used in this quilt is Larkspur by 3Sisters/Moda with the exception of about 4 blocks that contain either a square or an HST of the red from Roman Holiday also by 3Sisters/Moda. Sharon was the brains behind this idea and it worked beautifully. I like it when designers create multiple lines that are compatible with each other.


I had a request on the measurements I used for the stars in this quilt so that might just lead to a tutorial sometime soon. As I do with most things, I made it up from a picture I saw on the internet, so if there is a pattern for it somewhere, I don't know what it is called.

I have a raccoon update. We set two traps last night; both traps triggered, but one escaped by chewing his way through the metal cage. Now if that doesn't illustrate how destructive those little buggers are, then nothing will. We took the one who remained off to a nearby habitat. Tonight we will set the one trap again; I am sure we will get another.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Jayne, that is so beautiful! What an accomplishment. You must be so pleased with it. Hope the raccoons are taking a break. They do so much damage. I have had them roll up the sod in my front lawn like a cheap carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt! Put a small pan of milk in the trap, that should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!