Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Sprucing Up

It's not all stitching and quilting around here. Over the past several weeks, we've done a fair amount of sprucing up - both big jobs and little ones. Let's have a look at some of the activity.


A couple of months ago, my sister gave me this old milk can found in her barns. As I finished off the potting of all my flowers, I knew this needed to come out so that I could place a pot on top. Bring on the spray paint!


A shiny coat of black paint brings new life to the old can. I should have hosed it down before taking this picture; already it shows signs of dirt. The pot that the petunias are in was also spray painted with the same glossy black, and makes a nice cohesive look for showing off the flowers. Here's a picture of some of the other painted pots.


Not everything has been spray painted black. I had an old bar stool that I once used in my classroom. It was still sturdy, but needed a refresh. How I didn't think to take a true before picture, I don't know, but here is one just as I was painting it.


This stool had been stained wood with a padded seat. The seat base was particle board covered with padding and faux leather which had split. It had gotten wet at some point and the particle board had expanded, too.



DH cut a new seat of plywood which I covered and attached. Voila! A new bar stool to match the big blue check already in our decor.


Now, for the really big sprucing up job, we have had cement poured for a new sidewalk, garage apron, and porch steps. This has been weeks in the making and it's still not completely finished. It is quite an involved effort, so I will pull that all together for another post.

Our day yesterday was a trip to Mansfield to visit Kingwood Center Gardens. We went last summer and enjoyed it so much that we knew we wanted to go back. I took tons of pictures, so that can be the subject of an upcoming post, as well.

I also did get to stitch a bit later in the day after we got home. I am close to having my Lady of the Lakes flimsy finished. Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!