Monday, June 8, 2020

Sewing With Sharon

Last Thursday when Sharon was here to sew, I finally had the wherewithal to take some pictures of her Larkspur quilt.

As you may recall, we agreed to dedicate June to making quilts using our Larkspur stashes. Larkspur is the name of a line of Moda fabric released about 4 years ago by 3Sisters. We bought our fabrics independent of each other, and from that happy coincidence, we are making Larkspur quilts this month. We must have really been eager to do this because we are barely into June and mine is made, and Sharon's is nearly made.

And they are so pretty! Click here to see mine. Below are some shots of Sharon's quilt. It will be 9-patches on point in a strippy setting.






Like me, Sharon is limited in her fabric color choices, but is satisfied to use the yardage she has. We did share pieces; I needed some blue/green from her; I believe she is using gray and/or white from me.

All Sharon's pieced strips are made. The next step will be to cut the long plain strips out of the coral floral shown in the photos above. Then she will very likely have this top constructed this week! We plan to sew together here on Thursday. And of course, I will take pictures!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabrics, I have a stash too but haven't used them yet. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!