Monday, June 1, 2020

Hello June!

Here we are welcoming a new month - June.

Already. Seems like it has arrived quickly.
 
I have spent a lot of today pondering what projects I will tackle this month. It's a bit of a quandary, for when I have way too many options I have a hard time deciding. *woe is me!*

My biggest focus will be using the long arm to get some quilt tops quilted. My goal as the year began was to do two per month and I am not keeping up. Before I get any further behind, I must address this goal this month. Below are a couple that are likely candidates.
Dusty Trails from 2017
Memoire A Paris from 2019
I considered which quilts I would work on and made a list of some and they fall into two categories:  quilts needed for gift-giving (secret!) and quilts I really loved and would like to have for personal use (see photos above). You will surely see all that transpires as the month moves on.

My 2020 goals included one UFO which I have found myself thinking about quite a lot lately. That must be a sign that I need to get to working on it. The quilt, Meadow Lily, was begun about 14 years ago and I made mistakes on several units (bottom of next photo) that require "unsewing." I am ready to tackle it at last. This quilt is a Thimbleberries/Lynette Jensen quilt; over the years, I have made dozens of quilts from this designer.


I will continue to work on Lake Effect. I will continue to stay caught up with the monthly sew-along that we Frankfort girls are doing together. And I will attempt to make some more Blockheads blocks after taking about 2 months off from that sew-along. Gracious. So much to do! And I love that I have so many options as well as time to devote to them.

Have a great month, dear readers!
Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. I want to make a Lynnette Jensen quilt soon too. I have several of her books, but have only made placemats so far. I look forward to seeing what you decide to quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!