Saturday, June 13, 2020

Show And Tell

That's not a very imaginative title, nor is it going to be very accurate as I will mostly just show; I have very little telling to offer. If anyone needs to know information regarding pattern names and so on, just let me know in comments; I will seek out an answer and report back.

Last Friday the Frankfort Girls met at Helen's and a few of us had some "coronavirus quilts" to share. Becky appears to have been most productive, because she brought several beauties for us to enjoy.


Becky had 3 quilt tops to share; the first is Village - I know this one because I made this quilt awhile back. I love Becky's in the fabrics she favors so much - reproductions.



The next two quilts are either kits or BOMs; the one below is made with William Morris prints and is so gorgeous in person. Behind the quilt in this picture is a big window which alters the lighting and the look of the quilt. If you know Wm. Morris fabrics, you know how beautiful this is.

 The BOM (block of the month) here (sorry, we didn't catch that it was upside down!) is very pretty, as well, and if you want additional details, I will have to get back to you. I didn't write a bit of what she said down!

Becky's work-in-progress (WIP) continues to be appliquing these pretty flowery vases and urns.



Terry had one finish to share; she was stitching the binding while we visited. And I have to say that my camera did not pick up the correct shade of cheddar yellow in the actual quilt. The true color reads more orange.


Helen had a newly quilted finish to share (we saw the flimsy awhile back). Terry quilted this for her, and now Helen is ready to add this beauty to her Christmas decor.


Helen also shared her newly painted barn quilt that she has turned into a tray. A niece painted it for her, and she has added handles along with a plexiglass panel.


I see lots of Instagram posts by quilters boasting "coronavirus" finishes - aren't we blessed to have something so fulfilling to pass the time while quarantined? Throw in a good audiobook, and I was perfectly content to stay in. I hope you have fared well through all the strange events of 2020.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. All the projects are pretty! You are friends with a group of inspiring ladies. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!