Monday, June 22, 2020

Mansfield's Kingwood Garden

Today's post is nothing about quilting, and all about flowers.

Last Monday DH and I had a day date to visit a hidden Ohio gem - the Kingwood Garden located in Mansfield, Ohio. We discovered this delightful garden last year, and were eager to see it again, in an earlier point of the summer season. I took tons of pictures, and I won't bore you with commentary on all of them. Instead, I will just let you look at the beautiful scenes.









 




 

Kingwood Center Gardens is the home and 47-acre garden of Charles Kelley King, an electrical engineer who made his fortune as the President and Chairman of the Board of the Ohio Brass Company. Built in 1926, and having no heirs to his fortune, he left most of his estate to a private foundation tasked with maintaining the gardens for public use.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!