Thursday, March 11, 2021

Another Tangent

 I shopped on Tuesday at our local quilt shop, Old Town Fabrics, in Chillicothe. Sharon met me there and we really cased the joint! I had a few specific things I wanted to investigate, and all the new fabrics were really enticing. I took my time and soaked in all the goodness! (And bought just a little bit, too.)

But the most exciting thing to come out of that trip to the fabric store was a wonderful light bulb moment while I was checking out Corey Yoder's newest line. You see, I still have fabric from her early lines left over from when I attended a class she taught, and another class taught by Carrie Nelson, in which I used CY fabrics. My idea is to use my remaining fabrics from Lulu Lane, Flower Mill, and Sundrops in the quilt along we are doing. Won't this make a fun, spring-inspired quilt?

And when I looked in the tub, well, hello jelly roll! I'd forgotten about you. It will make the construction of yet another version of our quilt come together in no time. I was so stoked to make 9-patches that I went straight to work on them. So far, I've used only the Lulu Lane Jelly Roll and yardage.

Look closely at this pic and you'll see the neutral Lulu Lane yardage for additional background in the 9-patches. It's as if this were meant to be, I tell you.


Here are my first 20 blocks all stacked up and clipped together in groups of 10. I plan to make a pretty big quilt - so this will be my work for awhile longer. I am not rushing, but I am eager to keep going.

I have to show you these 2 blocks - mistake blocks. I am so used to making 9-patches with 5 darks and 4 lights. That has been my preferred "look" for years. The opposite is used in our quilt along; it requires 4 darks and 5 lights - and I am forever checking myself to be sure I'm getting it right. 

I missed on these two. Corrected now. Sewing continues.

If you are trying to let me know that you are sewing along with us, there might be some issue with my email link. A friend told me today that she was unsuccessful at contacting me, so I will have to dig in further to see what's up with all that. Technical issues give me fits; I am slow to figure it out.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful fabrics, the blocks will be lovely, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!