Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Bridal Quilt

 I will stop in today for a quickie post just to share the fully completed quilt I gave to our neighbor's daughter for her very recent wedding. You all are probably tired of seeing pictures of this quilt, as I've bemoaned several issues with it over the years. All that is behind me now as it's in the hands of John and Dorothy, our neighbors and parents of the bride.


The quilt is already old, if we go by when it was started - that would be 2006. I was excited to work on it and eager for the finish, until I made the decision to increase the size. If you note, the quilt is quite narrow on that queen bed, and I figured that adding a row to the width would make it more suited to most beds nowadays.

Well, I did not have enough fabric to do that, so I went completely cold turkey on this quilt. Boom. Into the storage tub it went, and stayed for at least 10 years. At that point, I couldn't even remember why I stopped working on it, and just assumed that I'd sewn some parts wrong, and had a lot of 'unsewing' ahead of me.

In 2019, I finally tackled fixing things. It was at this point after being unable to find errors, that I recalled my plan to increase the size. Well, pfht! Make it according to the pattern, and be done with it!!

And so I did, and now it's quilted, and now it belongs to Sarah and Jason.


The pattern is Meadow Lily by Thimbleberries, from the book At Home With Thimbleberries Quilts. The blocks finish at 10 inches, and the quilt dimensions are 72 x 92 inches. I just love that special border feature on the corners. Those partial lily blocks really give the quilt presence.

And, that's a wrap! A quilt done and delivered. Feels mighty good.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!