Thursday, March 18, 2021

Surprise Quilt

Little did I know that when Sharon and Dee presented the idea of doing a virtual sew along, I would gearshift into mega-hyper-mode and crank out quilt tops like this. The quilt we are making is so daggone E-A-S-Y! And, as I keep repeating, makes up so daggone cute!

The newest member of the sew along family is Lulu Lane Spring Dreams. I hatched the idea a week ago, and now I have a quilt top to show you.

I dug into my remnants of Village, made in 2018, and to my utter delight and surprise, because I had a jelly roll squirreled away in there, I had enough fabric to make the beauty you see above. How excellent is that!?!? I call this a surprise quilt in my title because before the middle of last week, I had zero plans for using this fabric, and zero plans for making this quilt.

Happy Accident - that could be another name for it. *smile*

The excitement that came over me as I realized this quilt's potential propelled me to stay in the sewing room a little longer working on it. And I say work - nothing about making this was work. It was so much fun! I am using fabric that was just taking up space in the sewing room, and the resulting quilt makes me so happy.

If this doesn't convince you to dig into your fabric stash and get started on making this quilt, then I don't know what will. A project this simple is sure to motivate and inspire, yes? Stokes all the sewing and quilting mojo, for sure. 

When we first introduced this quilt along, I provided a chart for making the quilt in various sizes. I am re-running the chart here for any of you who are "rear'n to go" - numbers at your fingertips for whatever size quilt suits your fancy.

My Lulu Lane Spring Dreams is made with 72 blocks, just like my original one was, which I am just now realizing I have not shared yet here on the blog. *Ahem.* Well, instead, you can click here to see my table topper size with just 9 blocks. Coming up on Monday, I will show you two additional finishes: my original Spring Dreams Quilt and Sharon's beautiful finish in a size not listed above. Hers is made with 16 blocks. The pattern is certainly adaptable.

Hope you are having a great day. RAIN here. But I hear the birds chirping and the robins I see in the yard are certainly happy about all the worms.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





 



1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!