Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Mini-Quilt Parade

 I have no new content to share at the moment. I am procrastinating BIG TIME about quilting the wedding quilt for Sarah and Jason (due by the 20th, FYI). And I really want to go start on a new sew along quilt - the patriotic one I mentioned. Plus, I had a brainstorm earlier - the sew along quilt would look great in my Corey Yoder fabric scraps! I am chomping at the bit to dig into that, as well.

So, with no new material to share, I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and show - in one long picture parade - most of the mini-quilts I've made in the past 10-11 years. Some are table toppers, some are table runners, some are wall hangings. But all are small - say under 30" square, I'm guessing.

Enjoy the parade!

Fall Sawtooth Stars

Bonus Blue Kaffe Mini

Cheddar and Crackers

Basket Table Runner

Midwinter Blues

Midnight Stars

Patriotic Sawtooth Star

Paper-Pieced Pineapples

Pink Lemonade

Sawtooth Borders

Elongated Table Runner

Impromptu 4-Patch

Bonus 30s Topper

Fall Runner

Fall Star

Many Borders French General

Humble Quilts Sew Along

Bonus Larkspur Mini

Navy Churns on Poison Green

Periwinkle

Simple Whatnots

Simply Charming

Yo-Yo Runner

Front Porch

Thanksgiving Mini

Modern Stars

Bonus Quilt in Roman Holiday

Block Swap with Frankfort Girls

Day and Night Churn Dash

Easter Egg

Frienzies Wreaths

Thimbleberries Hearts

Large and Small Market Day

Log Cabin Orphan Blocks

Sawtooth Stars and Stepping Stones

Scrappy 4-Patch on Pink

Pincushion Stars

Hexagon Topper

Funny footnote: Back when I was visiting my grandmother weekly, I often took a project to work on while we chatted. I recall her once asking my why I wasted my time on "those little things." I was taken aback at her admonishment! In retrospect, I think I understand where she was coming from. All through her life, quilts were necessities, and all available sewing time needed to be devoted to the demands of keeping the family warm through the winter. To put so much time toward making these little quilts probably seemed a bit frivolous to her, I imagine.

Ah, how times change.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting together this parade of mini quilts. The range of patterns and colour combinations is lovely. Did any of your minis lead to making full size quilts using the same patterns or colour schemes? I spied a Churn Dash in the parade!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!