Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Goodbye March

What a whirlwind (emphasis on 'wind') month this has been! The Spring Dreams Sew Along has been my main focus both here on the blog and in the sewing room. What fun it has been and - a bonus! - productive, too!

Besides the Sew Along, I have been occupied with fixing minor issues with the long arm, then quilting a gift, and finally, finishing the gift. The collage for this month shows the highlights.


Top Row: The original Spring Dreams quilt; I just adore how it turned out. It truly is a dreamy quilt, and very indicative of spring with its soft green sashing and flower-like pops of color. The middle picture is my scrappy version of Spring Dreams, and it is just table-topper size, or wall hanging. The final picture shows my continued work on the appliqued panels for Lake Effect. 

Middle Row: The Lulu Lane Spring Dreams quilt; my impromptu quilt came together super-fast, and I (almost) love it as much as the original! The next two pictures are from the wedding for our neighbors' daughter; you see the happy couple as they exit the altar, and then the group of dear friends with whom I play cards (Dorothy, mother of the bride, me, Cheryl, Rhonda, Mindy). We did have masks on! We removed them for the photo! 

Bottom Row: And the latest of the Spring Dreams quilts - Patriotic Dreams. I used mostly fabric from my mom and grandma. The size is suitable for a patio table, which is how I hope to use this. The final two pictures show my work on Meadow Lily, the gift for the bride and groom (collage center). I will be so incredibly happy if I ever get to the point where I am proficient on this long arm! At present, it still intimidates me, frustrates me, and unnerves me. I need to buck up, take charge, and master this thing! I did finish it, but not without some aggravations.

What a fun month March has been, even with the long arm headaches. And I have a lot to look forward to in April. The Frankfort girls will spend a week away at a quilt retreat over near Nelsonville, OH. Gosh, I can hardly wait. After having last year's retreat cancelled, this is a much-anticipated event! My intent, too, is to make significant progress on the long arm machine. I have a commission to finish and a couple of others that I want to do - for me!

I hope March has been a good month for you, dear readers! We now can anticipate April, warmer weather, sunnier days, and the rebirth of flora and fauna! Hallelujah!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!