Sunday, March 21, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

I'll be honest - I'm not slow stitching today. It is just too gorgeous a spring day to be sitting indoors working on applique. 

No, the new work I am sharing here was done on Friday morning when I met at Becky's house with the Frankfort Girls. We always have handwork to do when we have these Friday morning gatherings, and I am fairly consistent about bringing this applique from my long-term Lake Effect project.



I've gushed quite a bit about how much my attitude toward applique has changed since learning the back-basting method. Well, even though I am growing accustomed to this method, I will admit another thing: I got pretty sloppy on some of my work Friday morning. I do not plan to undo and restitch, but I am going to commit to being more careful, especially on curves. I don't want to be embarrassed because of sloppy workmanship.

I am linking with Kathy's Quilts for her weekly party.

Before I sign off, I will mention something I should have included in the last post. Not only was it the first day of spring (yay!), but it was also International Quilting Day. Now, I do try to celebrate quilting every day, but a day to honor and recognize the art of quilting is special! I honored the day by sewing, cutting and pressing about 140 HSTs. Whoo-hoo!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. Your secret is safe with the world. We all go outside and enjoy a good day when it arrives, the applique will still be there when we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about this piece that I absolutely love. Not sure if it's the fabric or the shapes - probably both.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!