Wednesday, March 3, 2021

February Wrap-Up

 I have some old business to bring to the table today, readers, and I don't want it to get any more stale than it already is. I need to put a wrap on February, a month short on days, long on snow and gray, and - for me, at least - long on productivity.

I am so glad to see that I was working through those long, gray days with frequent snow and sub-normal temperatures. In fact, when I sorted through all the pictures from the month for the top nine to use in my collage, I had a really hard time paring down my options. That rarely happens on a long month!

Top Row

Sharon and I agreed to begin the new year making a pattern called Lucy. I did most of my construction in January, and finished the flimsy in early February, so that is the quilt you see first. Next, I felt it necessary to document the snow we had for nearly the entire month, so you see a part of our back yard in the middle pic. On the end, a quickie made from scraps, a little zipper bag. 

Middle Row

On an absolute whim, I grabbed two Layer Cakes of older French General fabrics to make an easy quilt called Stargazer. The pattern is one of the free ones offered on the Moda website. In the middle, and hard to see really well, cardinals waiting near our bird feeders. We have so many that frequent our feeders, and it is not unusual to count over a dozen males at a time. Watching them provides much entertainment. The T-Shirt quilt is a commission I worked on for a local gal. Her son will graduate from MHS in May. I am planning to quilt it soon.

Bottom Row

Spring Dreams, the sew along quilt. I love how this looks, and it was so incredibly fun, simple, and easy to make. A long-overdue baby quilt finally found its way on and off the long arm and is now ready to give to the 1-year-old's family. The final day of February saw me loading Meadow Lily onto the long-arm frame. It should be coming off before week's end.

So far, 2021 has been productive. I am feeling all sorts of energy to make quilts. Yesterday, I dug out the red quilt project box and got back to making stars like this. 



Hope you all are having a great week! Have you checked out the sew along my friends and I are doing together? The super-simple quilt I mentioned above in the collage is my effort in that regard. Now, I am working on one that is more scrappy, and I may begin one in patriotic prints. I find that this quilt lends itself to using up scraps, and that is a major bonus, in my opinion. Click here to read more about the sew along.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!