Saturday, November 20, 2021

Christmas Star

Impulse creating - that's my specialty. Apparently, maintaining my focus on a single project is a total impossibility. With Lunch Box Social and Temecula Baskets as my two main projects this week, and intentions of longarming something, and a couple of other Works In Progress (WIPs) on standby, I did this.

I just took a notion to make something Christmassy! What does it hurt to take a half-day or so to whip up a festive block? It satisfied a sudden urge to get myself into a Christmas mood. I have an idea that I will turn this into a quilted pillow for the front room sofa. I will be hosting the family for Christmas this year, and I need to crank up the holiday mojo!

I've been seeing a lot of pillows showcased on Instagram lately, and it has jogged my memory that I've placed several pillow pictures in my saved files. But inspiration can come from table toppers, too, as well as individual blocks in larger quilts. My thought process considers how these various looks would translate into a pillow. 

I am particularly smitten with the idea of framing the star with a patchwork border, sorta' like these two little quilts from Lindsey Weight.


 
The first one is straight-up squares while the second one fancies it up a bit with HSTs in the corners. Both are pleasing; both would be so simple and fast to finish. However, I could get slightly more involved with some hourglass blocks like this next one from Jessie.

Hmmm...decisions, decisions. But fun to create, you know? I am stuck at doing the math for making all the parts fit on my 20-inch pillow inserts. (Math; it's always the math; smh.)

It's a beautiful day here in southern Ohio! Hope you are having a great Saturday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!