Wednesday, March 16, 2022

A Finish! Cottage Green!

 People! I am getting stuff done!

On March 4 or thereabouts, I started making this quilt - I wrote about it here. And look! I quilted it already!

Yep! I loaded it on Monday evening, then stayed up late quilting it.

Yesterday, I picked out a complimentary green for binding. It will be on my lap getting it's finishing touches later today.

I'm feeling just a little bit accomplished. I wanted to use that little green print that I bought last April. It was relatively a new addition to my stash. And now, 10 days later, it is quilted, bound and almost finished.

This quilt has the unique distinction of being the first to use this backing. I've had a whole bolt of this fabric waiting to be opened. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was 44-45" and not 108". I would have sworn that I bought backing. Oh well, I'll be sewing two lengths of it together for backings, I guess.

Above, I mentioned feeling accomplished. Not only do I have this finish, a second quilt will show up here in the next post - another quilt has come off the long arm machine, and the binding is attached to it, as well. I will be stitching bindings for a lot of evenings this week!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. This quilt is so pretty! Can't wait to see the next quilt, you're on a roll girl! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!