Thursday, March 17, 2022

Quilted: Jacob's Ladder Quilt

Goals. Since finally becoming comfortable using the Tin Lizzie long arm quilting machine, the goal of quilting at least two quilts per month has been something of a goal for me. Of course, I ought to attempt more, and it's beginning to seem as though exceeding the goal is realistic.

In the last post you saw my Cottage Green, a quilt that was begun on a whim earlier this month. I had a super-pretty green calico print I was so eager to use. With friend Sharon's input, I came up with a complimentary fabrics and a pattern. It is now DONE! Here's a link to the reveal (it was just yesterday).

Just prior to loading on Cottage Green, I quilted one of my older quilt tops. In searching through archives here, I have found details on this quilt's beginnings. I had to time travel all the way back to September of 2012. This post explains my experiment with block sizes and color placement. I've had quite a learning curve over the years.

The quilt from that 2012 post which is draped over the bench is the one that led to this Jacob's Ladder. When making Thrifty, I overdid it with the 4-patch blocks. Big time. I had so many left over that I ended up having enough to make a bonus quilt!


I loaded this quilt on Saturday and removed it before going to bed. So yay! I'm in business with the long arming! (My own business, at this point. I've not branched out to doing quilts for others just yet.)

It was fun getting an old quilt top out of the closet, onto the machine, and quilted. It is now bound and awaiting the final stitching down. I even have my label on it!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!